Wednesday 4 February 2015

Let's start at the very beginning...

Hi! I'm Kylie, a mum to a 2 and a half year old ("I 'eed 'umtin too eat - preese!") and a five and a half month old (he doesn't talk, just goos, gahs and makes lovey-dovey eyes at spoons of veggies). I'm on a mission. A mission to be brave. A mission to have fun. A mission to play with food. All for the kids. Of course!

So this may have only started this afternoon. As all good ideas are, it was inspired by a close friend. They were having "pirate ship plates" for their evening meal. Don't worry. I said "huh?" as I raised one eyebrow. Crumbed fish fillet boats, mashed potato island,  broccoli trees, carrot coin/treasure, with a sauce "x" marking the spot. "Oh!" I said. "We are having fish-in-a-box and veggies tonight too!". This got me pondering. And excited. Just a little.

That's where it began. This is where it ended. Tonight.

Tomato birds, pineapple sun, fish finger sails, chicken nugget boat, tomato sauce waves, broccoli seaweed, carrot fish, celery and blueberry palm trees, golden mash island, fish finger towels, carrot treasure and tomato sauce "x-marks-the-spot" 

And this here is where it will be recorded from here on in. 

I'm excited!! My mind is ticking with possibilities... I'm wondering if I'll be able to sleep tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment