Monday 9 February 2015

Insects in the Garden

This week, I looked at our meal plan and went "oh dear". My husband was a little perplexed at my dilemma of not having an evening meal to pretty-fy (risotto, rice salad, pasta, BBQ... Not easily pretty-able). We did swap out the chicken burgers for ham steaks, but I wasn't certain how to pretty-fy it (was thinking a pig face, but it's still in the brain stage). So, lunch it was. The two year old asked for a sandwich, but was happy with the pretty plate: Insects in the Garden. 

Lettuce grass, corn flowers (the weed ones that two year olds love to pick!), banana sun, tomato & ham fly, rockmelon & celery flower, cheese & celery butterfly, strawberry & caramel topping butterfly, blueberry grubs (held together with toothpicks, which were removed between this photo being taken and the plate being presented to the child).


And to keep it real, my plate

She's all finished (the lettuce and rockmelon remain), and I haven't started. 

1 comment: