Monday 23 March 2015

A Squashy Submarine

Firstly, I apologise for the photography. I left the white plates in the car (which my husband took to work this afternoon), and we had our "pretty plate" for dinner rather than lunch today, so a few shadows! I will learn my lesson the hard way!

Anyway.

Yesterday Miss2 and I had the pleasure of running into Spring Creek Organics at Yendon Gourmet Tomatoes pick-your-own strawberry day (they had run out of strawberries by the time we got there - next time!!). Spring Creek Organics were very excited to see the Carrot Tulips that we did a few weeks back, and were most intrigued with what was going to happen this week.

What else do you do with yellow squash and a request for a submarine or ship?


Pasta ocean, carrot fish, strawberry coral, squash submarines (which didn't entirely survive the cooking process) cheese and snow pea boats and tomato birds. And a lot of shadows.
The tomatoes were from Yendon Gourmet Tomatoes, and the squash and carrots were from Spring Creek Organics. I'm looking forward to having another go at another submarine sometime soon, and using some more rainbow carrots to come up with something else. Any ideas?

Squash anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Yellow submarines! Of course. Ha ha. How could you not?

    ReplyDelete